ECS conducts reviews of building and grounds for general compliance with the requirements of the 2010 ADA, Title III provisions relative to their use as, or related to, public accommodations. We conduct a survey using a checklist based on the ADA Checklist for Readily Achievable Barrier Removal developed by the New England ADA Center, a project of the Institute for Human Centered Design.
ECS identifies and prioritizes existing and proposed improvements for compliance with the above-referenced codes. Examples include:
- Physical access to the property
- Physical access through the building, including to areas of commerce and public accommodation
- Physical access to public restroom facilities
- Removal of remaining barriers to physical access
Who needs this service and why?
- Building Owners – Understanding what provisions need to be provided for properties to be accessible to the public
- Property Managers – Budgeting for annual maintenance of required provisions for public accessibility
- Banks and Financial Institutions – Calculating financial estimates associated with property acquisition
Please contact us with any questions you have regarding accessibility compliance.