A Few Things We Are Proud Of
The harder you work for something the greater you feel when you achieve it. It’s extra special when someone else acknowledges those achievements. Here are a few things we have been lucky enough to be recognized for accomplishing over the last few years.
Engineering News Record (ENR)
Currently ranked #69 in ENR's listing of Top 500 Design firms (April 2020) ECS continues to be recognized by industry peers for innovation and excellence. We are honored to be celebrated for this achievement. Read more here.
Currently ranked #154 on ENR's 2020 Top 200 Environmental Firms list. Congratulations to everyone on the list and thank you to all employees for helping us get there! Check out more here.
ECS is ranked number 52 in the Zweig Group's 2020 Hot Firm List, a list of the fastest growing firms in the A/E/P and environmental consulting industry. This achievement demonstrates success, the ability to thrive and recognizes ECS among the elite 100 fastest-growing firms.
ECS Mid-Atlantic Honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic 2018 Design Firm of the Year
The Design Firm of the Year demonstrates success in the region from a growth and revenue standpoint as well as innovation, creativity and a commitment to giving back to its community. Read more here.
American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
ECS has been recognized with awards from several chapters of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC). Since 1967, U.S. engineering firms have entered their most innovative projects and studies in ACEC's annual Engineering Excellence Awards program (EEA)—'the Academy Awards of the engineering industry'— honoring the year's most outstanding engineering accomplishments. Projects that are winners at state level EEA competitions are eligible for ACEC's national EEA competition.
- 2021 ACEC/NC Honors Award - Forrest Hills Community Slope Repair, Swannanoa, NC
- 2020 ACEC/VA Pinnacle - Hampton Roads Sanitation District Virginia Initiative Plant Nutrient Reduction Improvements in Norfolk, VA as part of the team with HDR
- 2020 ACEC/VA Grand - Hampton Roads Sanitation District Virginia Initiative Plant Nutrient Reduction Improvements in Norfolk, VA as part of the team with HDR
- 2020 ACEC/VA Honor Award - Capitol Crossing, Washington, DC
- 2020 ACEC/VA Merit Award - Williamsburg Landing, Williamsburg, VA as part of the team with The Structures Group
- 2020 ACEC/NC Honors Award - Boone Raw Intake Temporary Cofferdam, Fleetwood, NC
- 2020 ACEC/NC Honor Award - Tumbling Creek Road Repair, Clint Mountain Wildlife Management Area, VA
- 2020 ACEC/NC Honor Award - Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River Hazardous Materials Assessments, Jacksonville, NC
- 2020 ACEC/NC People's Choice Award, chose by fellow ACEC award winners - Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River Hazardous Materials Assessments, Jacksonville, NVC
- 2018 ACEC/NC Honor Award - FedEx Ground Distribution Facility, Durham, NC
- 2018 ACEC/NC People's Choice Award, chosen by fellow ACEC award winners - FedEx Ground Distribution Facility, Durham, NC
- 2018 ACEC/NC Honor Award - I-85/385 Woodruff Road Underpinning, Greenville, SC
- 2017 ACEC/NC Honor Award, Science Drive Parking Deck at Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2017 ACEC/NC People’s Choice Award, chosen by fellow ACEC award winners - Science Drive Parking Deck at Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2016 ACEC/NC Engineering Excellence Award, Craven Street Multi-Modal Improvements, Asheville, NC
- 2013 ACEC/VA Merit Award - Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, DC
- 2013 ACEC/VA Merit Award - National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, New Campus East, Ft. Belvoir, VA
- 2012 ACEC/SC Honor Award - MEGASHAFTS in the Pee Dee Formation
Construction Professionals Network (CPN)
The Star Award honors chosen projects that are the most outstanding new construction projects in the State of North Carolina that is selected on the merits and challenges of the project by an objective group of judges. Only three “Star Awards” are given annually. One for projects of total construction costs under $10 million, one for projects $10-$25 millions, and one for projects greater than $25 million of total construction costs.
CPN of North Carolina, Inc. is a statewide organization of business and professional leaders who are involved with design, construction and related services. CPN was created through the efforts of a few dedicated individuals engaged in construction law, construction management, design, construction, project development and finance and dispute resolution. Learn more: http://cpnofnc.org/index.php/. Learn more about STAR Awards http://cpnofnc.org/Star_Awards/. ECS was a part of the winning team for the following:
- 2020 Star Award - Projects Over $25MM: Truist Point Stadium
- ECS was contracted by the City of High Point to conduct Brownfields consulting, Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, asbestos surveys, abatement design and air monitoring, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and special inspections related to the construction of the stadium.
- 2018 Star Award - Projects Under $10 Million: Greensboro Science Center Wiseman Aquarium Expansion
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and Special Inspections. Sun Breza, PE was the Principal Engineer for the project.
- 2017 Star Award - Projects Over $25MM: UNCG Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering and Special Inspections for the deep H-pile foundations up to 90' below grade. ECS also provided PDA analysis for pile capacity testing and vibration monitoring. Sun Breza was the Principal Engineer on the project and Alan Raulston was the Project Manager.
- 2017 Star Award - Projects $10MM - $25MM: Union Square
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering and Special Inspections. Dave Cutter (retired) was the Principal Engineer and Alan Raulston was the Project Manager.
- 2016 Over $25 Million: Department of Veteran Affairs Healthcare Center (VA Healthcare) - Fayetteville, NC
- Sun Breza and Brian Maas were the ECS CPN member participants
ENR MidAtlantic 2020 Best Projects: Project of the Year Award and Best Highway / Bridge Award - Capitol Crossing Highway, Deck, Bridge and Garage
Read more here.
ENR Midwest 2018 Best Projects - Project of the Year Ryan Fieldhouse / Walter Athletic Center - Sports / Entertainment
ECS provided geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing. Read more here.
International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) 2020 Project of the Year Award Winner: High-Rise Category - The Austonian: Exposed Slab Edge Repairs
ECS was the Special Inspector of Record. Read more here.
Pile Driving Contractor's Association (PDCA) 2020 Project of the Year Award - Associate / Engineering Affiliate Category - South Capitol Street Bridge Corridor
ECS provided geotechnical engineering. Read more here.
Preservation North Carolina
The Gertrude S. Carraway Awards of Merit are named in honor of the late Dr. Gertrude S. Carraway, a noted New Bern historian and preservationist. Presented since 1974, a maximum of twelve awards are given each year. The Awards of Merit give deserved recognition to individuals or organizations that have demonstrated a genuine commitment to historic preservation through extraordinary leadership, research, philanthropy, promotion, and/or significant participation in preservation. For more information about the awards click here.
- 2020 Gertrude S. Carraway Award of Merit for St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Winston-Salem, NC
- ECS was on the team with Joseph K. Oppermann (architect) and The Christman Company (general contractor) for environmental and engineering services
- 2020 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 3rd Place Award | Internal Newsletter, WolfTracks
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Award of Excellence in Promotional Campaign- Mixed Media | ECS GRIT Recruiting Campaign
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Promotional Campaign – Digital | ECS "A Day in the Life" Video Series
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications - Merit Award in Recruitment and Retention Communications – Mixed Media | ECS GRIT Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 3rd Place Award | Integrated Marketing, "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 4th Place Award | Video Marketing, "A Day in the Life" video series
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 5th Place (Tied) Award | Website
- 2018 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Video | Video-External: "A Day in the Life" video series
- 2018 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Recruitment and Retention Communications | Mixed Media: "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Gold Award in Integrated Marketing | "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Gold Award in Video Production for "A Day in the Life" recruitment & retention video series
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Bronze Award in Website Redesign
- 2016 BMA Carolinas Young Professional of the Year to Julie Smith of the ECS marketing team
- 2015 BMA Carolinas ProAds Silver Award in Digital Marketing | Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2014 ZweigWhite's Marketing Excellence 1st Place Award | Internal Marketing, Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2013 BMA Carolinas ProAds Bronze Award | Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2013 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award – 3rd Place in Recruitment & Retention | NCSU Posters